Cuppa Compassion Coffee Club
Join the Club
Something as simple as a cup of coffee can remind us of the blessings we have… a safe home, good food, and kind friends to help us through life’s ups and downs. But when older adults experience financial difficulties and have no one to turn to for help, life can quickly become filled with complications that threaten their safety and well-being.
That’s why you’re invited to join The Cuppa Compassion Club – a unique and dedicated group of individuals committed to making sure older adults receive the help they need through The Good Samaritan Fund. Through a simple, monthly gift you can help a senior adult receive nutritious meals, compassionate nursing care, and a peaceful night’s rest knowing they are safe and loved.
Special Events and Invitations
You’ll be invited to gather a few times a year (we’ll provide the coffee!) to see how you’re a blessing to older adults and learn how you’ve made a difference in their life in a significant way. Members also receive:
- A special coffee club welcome package with a members-only coffee cup
- An invitation to a complimentary annual breakfast and coffee/tea tasting with the CEO
- An invitation to any additional club gatherings during the year (these vary from year to year)
- Special recognition in publications (with your permission)
- The knowledge that each gift, given faithfully each month, is making a tremendous difference in the life of an older adult in need!
Become a Member
Become a member of The Cuppa Compassion Coffee Club with a simple commitment of $25 or more each month to The W. James Oakley Good Samaritan Fund.
Together, club members gave more than 300 days of life-sustaining nursing care, meals and a home to older adults in need last year. That’s a lot of compassion!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What gift amount qualifies me as a member of the club?
A monthly commitment of $25 or more to The Good Samaritan Fund at Presbyterian Manor and the House of Hope automatically qualifies you to be a club member.
- What if I need to cancel or change my gift amount?
We know circumstances change from time to time. You can always increase, decrease or suspend an automatic gift by calling the Fund Development office at (940) 696-8644 or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind changes on automatic drafts can take up to two weeks, so allow time before the date of the next draft on your account.
- How much of my monthly gift actually goes to an older adult in need?
100% of your gift directly benefits a resident in need by providing nutritious meals, nursing care and a safe home.
- Do members actually meet for coffee in person?
You’ll receive a personal invitation during the year to join the CEO of Presbyterian Manor for breakfast and coffee/tea tasting. There may be other events you receive special invitations to and you can pick and choose what you would like to attend.
$25 a month gives an older adult:
- Food – nutritious meals three times a day
- Care – compassionate, quality nursing care
- Safety – a safe home in a residence or health care room at Presbyterian Manor or the House of Hope