When an older adult can no longer support themselves, where do they go? When they need healthcare assistance and can’t afford it, where do they turn? At Presbyterian Manor, the Good Samaritan Fund provides a lifeline to older adult residents who need help. The fund helps qualified individuals make ends meet and receive the care they need.
Each and every gift, no matter the size, has an impact on the lives of older adults here at Presbyterian Manor and the House of Hope.
- A safe and secure place to call home
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Compassionate and loving care twenty-four hours a day from dedicated staff members specializing in geriatric care
- Security and support services
- Freedom from anxiety and hopelessness
The Good Samaritan Fund has been a lifesaving program for older adults for almost thirty-five years. However, with the rise in healthcare and living costs, and the increase in longevity, the fund was in jeopardy. To avoid placing those dependent on the fund in crisis, the board of directors launched a three-year capital campaign with a $5 million goal to ensure the Good Samaritan program endures and is ready to meet the needs of residents both today and in the future.
The typical recipient of Good Samaritan funds is probably like someone you already know:
- I am a widow.
- I am between the ages of 85 and 95 years old.
- I have been careful with saving and spending all my life, but I do not have enough to make ends meet.
- I can no longer live by myself because medical issues and physical limitations make it impossible for me to cook and prepare my meals, wash my clothes or manage my own medications.
- I have worked hard all my life and it is against my nature to ask for help, especially in financial matters.
- The Good Samaritan Fund allows me to stay in my home and receive the care I need each day.
I can’t imagine where I would live and where I would be if this fund hadn’t been there for me.
– A recipient of the Good Samaritan Fund
Donate by Mail
To donate by check or money order, please print and complete this donation form and send to:
4600 Taft Blvd.
Wichita Falls, TX 76308
Consider sponsoring an older adult in need for a day or more . . .
$120 = FULL DAY OF CARE
A gift of $120 will provide an older adult needing nursing care with meals, medical care and twenty-four hour, round-the-clock support for one full day.*
$840 = ENTIRE WEEK OF CARE
A gift of $840 will provide an older adult needing nursing care with meals, medical care and twenty-four hour, round-the-clock support for an entire week.*
$3700 = ENTIRE MONTH OF CARE
A gift of $3700 will provide an older adult needing nursing care with meals, medical care and twenty-four hour, round-the-clock support for an entire month.*
*The dollar amount given is an amount averaged from current residents who depend upon the Good Samaritan Fund. Costs can vary due to the individualized nature of care plans which are customized to the resident’s needs.
100% of gifts designated to The Good Samaritan Fund directly benefit recipients. Fundraising costs are not taken from gifts donated.
Presbyterian Manor is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. Your donations are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.